The term Cogeneration is used to define the process which simultaneously generates electrical energy and useful calorific (and/or frigorific) energy through the use of gaseous or diesel fuel. The simultaneous use of the produced electricity and heat by the cogeneration plant allows us to make the most of the fuel's energetic potential.
The cogeneration systems developed by Guascor are an efficient alternative to traditional systems that use a national or regional electric grid to obtain electricity in one side, and generate heat in boilers on the other.
A Guascor cogeneration solution is highly recommended for those applications where both electricity and heat are necessary; such as greenhouses, hospitals, wastewater plants, diverse industrial processes, etc… The total energy production offered by these gaseous or diesel cogeneration systems could more than double the energy obtained by the electrical generating capability of the engine alone.
For users this can be translated into a significant reduction in energy costs.
Advantages of cogeneration for the user
- Reduction of energy costs, through savings of primary energy and the lower operating cost of a cogeneration plant.
- Independence from the mains and reliability of supply, since the energy necessary for the industrial processes is self-generated.
- Size of the cogeneration plant according to the process' energy requirements.
Advantages of cogeneration for society
- Increased protection of the environment, as emissions are drastically reduced.
- Improved efficiency of energy generation; electricity and heat generation, transport and distribution cost cut-down, since energy is produced at the place at which it is consumed.
- Greater balance between the demand and supply of energy, which results in the reduction and stability of the energy prices.
- Hot air
- Hot water
- Air conditioning
- Chilled water
- Chemical processes which require heat and cold
- Agro-food industry
- Ceramic and dehydration industry
- Treatment of waste waters at purifying stations
- Hospitals, hotels, sports centers, swimming pools and shopping centers
- Energy recovery from anaerobic digestion in livestock farms, landfill sites and sewage plants